MasterTile FLX 23 A flexible tile adhesive for all ceramic tiles, porcelain mosaic and fully vitrified tiles
How does MasterTile FLX 23 work?
MasterTile FLX 23 is a polymer modified pre-bagged single component cementitious tile adhesive requiring only the addition of water and mixing to make it ready for use. MasterTile FLX 23 has been carefully formulated to attain optimum non-sag properties, adjustability and open time of the applied product. The use of specialist polymers ensures that adequate adhesion is guaranteed even in difficult conditions such as under water. Once applied and cured MasterTile FLX 23 is resistant to service temperatures ranging from -30°C to +80°C.
MasterTile FLX 23 meets the classification requirements C2TE of EN 12004.
What is MasterTile FLX 23 used for?
MasterTile FLX 23 is a water resistant, multi-purpose product for use indoors and out, on both walls and floors.
MasterTile FLX 23 adhesive can be used to fix all types of non-moisture sensitive natural stone. For moisture sensitive natural stone, please refer to the BASF Natural Stone Range of Products, or contact the BASF Technical Department.
MasterTile FLX 23 is suited to the following applications:
- For laying ceramic tiles, porcelain mosaic, brick tiles, clinker bricks and fully vitrified tiles.
- In swimming pools, pool surrounds, wet rooms and cold storage depots.
- On cement screeds, ground anhydrite and/or gypsum based floated screeds, precast concrete elements, aerated concrete, heated screeds, plasterboards, gypsum fibre boards, dry screeds, insulation boards, plaster slabs, plaster and on existing wall and floor tiles.
- For laying ceramic on the BASF bonded waterproofing product
- For laying ceramic tiles on BASF's isolating fabric underlay and flexible waterproofing membrane.
What are the benefits of MasterTile FLX 23?
Due to its flexibility MasterTile FLX 23 greatly reduces the risk of adhesive failure between the tile and substrate caused by changes in temperature.
Its non-sag properties negate the need for battens and spacers meaning quick and easy applications are possible.
Technical Data Sheet