MasterSeal M 790 - Two-component highly chemical resistant, crack-bridging membrane based on Xolutec-Technology for waterproofing and protection of concrete structures in harsh conditions
How does MasterSeal M 790 work?
MasterSeal M 790 is a two-component crack-bridging-membrane based on Xolutec -Technology providing high chemical andmechanical resistance. Xolutec™ a new dimension in durabilityXolutec is an innovative and smart way ofcombining complementary chemistries. When thematerial is mixed on site a cross-linkedinterpenetrating network (XPN) is formedenhancing the overall material properties. Bycontrolling the cross-linking density, theproperties of Xolutec can be adjusted dependingon the product performance required, e.g. thisallows the formulation of materials with varyingdegrees of toughness and flexibility. Xolutec isvery low in volatile organic components (VOC), isquick and easy to apply with both spray and handapplication depending on requirements. It curesrapidly even at low temperature, reducingapplication time thus enabling fast return toservice and minimizing downtime.This technology tolerates a wide variety ofdifferent site conditions, greatly expanding theapplication window and reducing the potential fordelays and failures. Long maintenance cyclesand lower life cycle costs significantly reduce totalcost of ownership.
Where is MasterSeal M 790 applied?
- Waste water treatment plants both in the inflow and outflow areas.
- Sewage effluent pipelines.
- Biogas plants.
- Secondary containment.
- Horizontal and vertical substrates.
- Internal and external areas also with rubber wheel traffic.
- Concrete, cementitious mortar or steel substrates.
- Reinforced concrete to protect it against carbonation or chloride induced corrosion and for protection against chemical attack in secondary containment bunds in chemical and petrochemical industries.
What are the benefits of MasterSeal M 790?
- Easy hand application by roller or trowel
- Continuous membrane: monolithic – no laps, welds or seams.
- Excellent chemical resistance – including high concentrations of biogenic sulphuric acid.
- Waterproof and resistant to standing water.
- Fully bonded to substrate: can be applied to a wide range of substrates with the appropriate primer.
- Moisture tolerant.
- High resistance to carbon dioxide diffusion:
- Protects concrete from rebar corrosion.
- High tear, abrasion and impact resistance:
- Withstands traffic and use in areas exposed to mechanical damages.
- Tough but flexible and crack bridging.
- Thermoset: does not soften at high temperatures.
- Excellent adhesion.
- Weatherproof: proven thundershower and freeze / thaw resistance, can be applied outdoors without additional top coating.
- Does not contain solvents.
- Can be spray-applied with selected 2-component spray machines (please contact our technical service for details).