MasterProtect 1860 - Single component fiber and glass flake reinforced high build acrylic coating
How does MasterProtect 1860 work?MasterProtect 1860 is a single component solvent-based Acrylic polymer coating with modified resins, fibre and glass flake reinforcement. It is a protective high build coating for use on new and existing concrete surfaces within marine environments (Splash / Tidal Zone Coating).
MasterProtect 1860 requires only on site mixing with a suitable mechanical mixer to produce an easily applied protective and decorative finish using airless spray unit or brush.
Where is MasterProtect 1860 applied?
MasterProtect 1860 is
primarily recommended for use in the following applications:
- Splash zone / Tidal
zone coating for concrete structures
- Protection against
- Jetties • Under-deck areas
- Bridge Piers in Tidal Zones.
The above examples do not
constitute a full and comprehensive list. For further information on
application possibilities contact BASF Construction Chemicals UAE LLC.
What are the advantages of MasterProtect
- One component and easy to apply
- Primerless for most applications
- Good abrasion resistance
- UV & weather resistant
- Rapid surface drying allowing intertidal
- Reduction of Marine Organism Growth within the
- Can be applied over damp surfaces
- Reduces Chloride Ion Penetration − Slows
potential corrosion rate.
- Smooth surface is easy to clean.
Technical Data Sheet