MasterPolyheed 3534 A high-performance superplasticiser based on next generation polymers
How does MasterPolyheed 3534 work?
MasterPolyheed 3534 is part of a range of latest generation superplasticisers formulated from unique polymers manufactured in-house by BASF. It is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete.
MasterPolyheed 3534 is differentiated from conventional superplasticisers, such as those based on sulphonated naphthalene formaldehyde condensate, in that it is based on unique polymers with long lateral chains. This greatly improves cement dispersion. At the start of the mixing process the same electrostatic dispersion occurs but the presence of the lateral chains, linked to the polymer backbone, generate a steric hindrance which stabilises the cement particles capacity to separate and disperse. This mechanism provides flowable concrete with greatly reduced water demand.
MasterPolyheed 3534 meets the requirements of:
ASTM C494 Types F and G
What is MasterPolyheed 3534 used for?
MasterPolyheed 3534 is used for the production of high quality ready-mix concrete.
What are the benefits of MasterPolyheed 3534?
For the ready-mix producer:
- Capability of delivering high performance concrete at any time to the job site in place
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratios with excellent workability retention properties.
- Single product for many application needs
For the contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development
- Improved concrete surfaces
For the engineer:
- Assurance that concrete meets original specification
- High quality durable concrete