MasterMatrix UW 404 - An anti-washout admixture
How does MasterMatrix UW 404 work?
MasterMatrix UW 404 anti-washout admixture
is a ready to use, liquid admixture specially
developed for concrete placed underwater.
Concrete treated with MasterMatrix UW 404
exhibits superior resistance to washout of
cement and fines.
What is MasterMatrix UW 404 used for?
MasterMatrix UW 404 is recommended for use
in all types of concrete pumped or tremmied
underwater, where thixotropic properties are
MasterMatrix UW 404 is especially
helpful in extreme conditions where
conventional concrete or placing techniques
would result in a high percentage of material
loss due to washout.
MasterMatrix UW 404 is particularly useful in
mortar and grouting applications where mixes
are typically more fluid and have a higher
potential for washout
What are the benefits of MasterMatrix UW 404?
MasterMatrix UW 404 produces a concrete
mixture highly resistant to washout, while
maintaining workability, pumpability, and
placeability. The following special qualities are
- Minimal to no effect on water demand.
- Reduces concrete bleeding.
- Slump characteristics equal to untreated
- Virtually eliminates segregation, even with
highly fluid, high water-cementitious ratio
- Thixotropic action provides stiffening after
concrete is placed.
- Minimises environmental impact of cement
washout in water.
- Minimal to no effect on set time.
- Reduced pumping pressures.
Technical Data Sheet