MasterGlenium SKY 504E - A new polycarboxylic ether superplasticizer for the production of high quality ready-mix concrete with low water cement ratio and exceptional workability
How does MasterGlenium SKY 504E work?
BASF's MasterGlenium SKY 504E is an innovative third generation superplasticizer based on polycarboxylic ether (PCE) polymers. It is derived directly from the Total Performance ControlTM concept.
What makes MasterGlenium SKY 504E a unique solution?
MasterGlenium SKY 504E is an innovative second generation superplasticizer based on polycarboxylic ether (PCE) polymers. It is derived directly from the Total Performance ControlTM concept. MasterGlenium SKY 504E is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete. Its particular configuration allows its delayed adsorption onto the cement particles and disperses them efficiently. As compared with other PCE superplasticizers, it is possible to obtain a high quality concrete mix with accelerated strength development and extended workability without delayed setting characteristics.
The Total Performance ControlTM concept ensures that ready-mix producers, contractors and engineers get a concrete that is of the same high quality as originally specified; starting from production at the batching plant, to the delivery and application into place, and followed by its hardening process. Utilizing Smart Dynamic Concrete (SDC) technology it provides a concrete mix with exceptional placing characteristics and accelerated cement hydration for early strength development and high quality concrete.
MasterGlenium SKY 504E may be used in combination with MasterMatrix for producing Smart Dynamic Concrete (SDC). The technology produces advanced self-compacting concrete, without the aid of vibration. For economic, ecological and ergonomic ready-mix / precast concrete production.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium SKY 504E?
- The ready-mix producer:
- Capability of delivering high performance concrete at any time to the job site in place
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratios with excellent workability retention properties.
- Single product for many application needs
- The contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development
- Improved concrete surfaces
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant
- The engineer:
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification
- High quality durable concrete.