MasterGlenium 114- A New polycarboxylic ether superplasticizer for the production of high quality ready-mix concrete with low water cement ratio and exceptional workability
How does MasterGlenium 114 work?
BASF's MasterGlenium SKY 114 is an innovative latest generation superplasticizer based on polycarboxylic ether (PCE) polymers. It is derived directly from the Total Performance ControlTM concept.
What makes MasterGlenium 114 a unique solution?
MasterGlenium 114 is differentiated from conventional superplasticisers, such as those based on sulphonated melamine and naphthalene formaldehyde condesates in that it is based on a unique carboxylic ether polymer with long lateral chains. This greatly improves cement dispersion. At the start of the mixing process the same electrostatic dispersion occurs but the presence of the lateral chains, linked to the polymer backbone, generate a steric hindrance which stabilises the cement particles capacity to separate and disperse. This mechanism provides flowable concrete with greatly reduced water demand.
MasterGlenium 114 may be used in combination with MasterMatrix for producing Smart Dynamic Concrete (SDC). The technology produces advanced self-compacting concrete, without the aid of vibration. For economic, ecological and ergonomic ready-mix / precast concrete production.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium 114?
- The ready-mix producer:
- Capability of delivering high performance concrete at any time to the job site in place
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratios with excellent workability retention properties.
- Single product for many application needs
- The contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development
- Improved concrete surfaces
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant
- The engineer:
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification
- High quality durable concrete.