MasterGlenium 117 - A high-performance polycarboxylic ether based superplasticiser
How does MasterGlenium 117 work?
MasterGlenium 117 is differentiated from conventional superplasticisers in that it is based on a unique carboxylic ether polymer with long lateral chains, which greatly improves the dispersing effect. After the addition of MasterGlenium 110M at the start of the concrete mixing process electrostatic repulsion occurs, the same as found with conventional superplasticisers, however the presence of the of the lateral chains, which are linked to the polymer backbone, generate a steric hindrance which stabilises the cement particles tendency to separate and disperse. The mechanism provides flowable concrete with greatly reduced water demand.
MasterGlenium 117 meets the requirements of:
- ASTM C494 Types F and G
- EN 934-2
What is MasterGlenium 117 used for?
MasterGlenium 117 is designed for use in the manufacture of high quality structural concrete elements, sprayed concrete and mass concrete.
Concrete mixes made with MasterGlenium 117 generally have very good slump retention making it suitable for use for long transit times.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium 117?
MasterGlenium 117 has been formulated specifically for use in the Middle East climate and it offers the following advantages to:
The Ready-mix Producer:
- Capability of delivering high quality concrete at any time to the job site in place.
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratio that meets EN 206-1 without loss of workability.
- Single product for most applications from everyday water reducing to Self-compacting Concrete.
The Contractor / Applicator:
- Easier placing.
- Improved concrete surfaces.
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix.
- More versatile and forgiving concrete mix.
- Assurance that concrete meets original specification.
- High quality concrete with better durability
Technical Data Sheet