MasterGlenium 118- A
ether based superplasticizer for the production of high quality ready-mix
does MasterGlenium 118 work?
BASF’s MasterGlenium 118 is an innovative
latest generation superplasticizer based on polycarboxylic ether (PCE)
polymers, and is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete.
makes MasterGlenium 118 a
is differentiated from conventional superplasticisers, such as those based on
sulphonated naphthalene formaldehyde condensate in that it is based on a unique
carboxylic ether polymer with long lateral chains. This greatly improves cement
dispersion. At the start of the mixing process the same electrostatic
dispersion occurs but the presence of the lateral chains, linked to the polymer
backbone, generate a steric hindrance which stabilises the cement particles
capacity to separate and disperse. This mechanism provides flowable concrete
with greatly reduced water demand.
are the benefits of MasterGlenium 118?
The ready-mix producer:
- Capability of delivering high performance concrete at any time to the job site in place
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratios with excellent workability retention properties
- Single product for many application needs
The contractor / applicator
- Easier placing and faster strength development
- Improved concrete surfaces
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification
- High quality durable concrete.
Technical Data Sheet