MasterEmaco S 488 A cementitious shrinkage compensated, polymer fibre reinforced, thixotropic repair mortar
How does MasterEmaco S 488 work?
MasterEmaco S 488 is a cementitious pre-bagged ready-to-use structural repair mortar in powder form. When mixed with the correct amount of water, it produces a thixotropic, high strength repair mortar, reinforced with acrylic polymer fibres. It exhibits excellent bond characteristics to steel reinforcement and to concrete.
MasterEmaco S 488 mortar is shrinkage compensated mortar and contains no metallic aggregate and is chloride free. Once the product has cured it has low permeability and is extremely durable.
MasterEmaco S 488 is formulated for sprayed or trowelled applications; in thicknesses up to 50mm in one layer by hand application. Greater thicknesses can be achieved when spray applied.
What is MasterEmaco S 488 used for?
MasterEmaco S 488 is designed for all types of structural concrete repair which can be applied by trowel or by spray application:
- Repair of structural members subjected to repetitive loading.
- Repairs to reinforced or pre-stressed beams or columns.
- Protection of concrete subject to attack from water containing chlorides and sulphates etc.
- Repairs in industrial areas, especially those containing mineral oils, lubricants.
- Repairs in marine environments.
MasterEmaco S 488 may be used in conjunction with MasterEmaco 8100 AP to provide extra protection to reinforcing steel.
MasterEmaco S 488 may be cured using MasterKure 181
What are the benefits of MasterEmaco S 488?
MasterEmaco S 488 offers the following advantages:
- Shrinkage compensation - reduces the risk of cracking due to shrinkage and ensures full contact with host concrete and load transfer in structural repair situations.
- No primer required - allows rapid application at reduced cost.
- Can be spray applied - rapid application of large quantities