MasterCast 141 - Multi-purpose admixture for cementitious systems and bonding agent
Download our new brochure: MasterCast 140/141
How does it work?
MasterCast 141 is a white liquid (SBR) styrenebutadiene co-polymer latex, specifically designed for use with Portland cement mixes. The latex consists of microscopic particles of synthetic rubber dispersed in an aqueous solution. It is used as an admixture in mortar and concretes to improve compressive and flexural strengths, improve bond increase resistance to water penetration, improve abrasion resistance and durability. It is used with Portland cement as a reliable water-resistant bonding agent.
What is it used for?
The use of MasterCast 141 synthetic latex in cement-based slurries and mortars compensates for many deficiencies in the mixes without detracting from their inherent strength and properties. As ordinary mortar dries out, voids are created which make it permeable and weaker. When MasterCast 141 is added, the MasterCast 141 particles bind together to form continuous films and strands - these bind to the sides of the voids and block up the capillary pores, thus increasing strength and resistance to water penetration.MasterCast 141 improved mortars are especially suited for the following:
• Concrete repair. Repairing spalled, cracked or damaged concrete, floors, beams, columns and precast slabs.
• Corrosion protection of reinforcing steel. As a bonding slurry or steel primer in concrete repairs.
• Floor screeds and toppings. Producing abrasion resistant and mild chemical and effluent-resistant, non- dusting floors, and underlays for special finishes, coatings and toppings.
• Waterproofing and tanking. Basements, lift pits, inspection pits, water towers, liquid tanks, effluent tanks and swimming pools.
• External rendering. Waterproof, weatherproof and frost resistant render.
• Fixing slip bricks and tiles. Bedding tiles, fixing or re-fixing slip bricks, bonding new concrete to old.
• Polymer modified concrete. Production of Polymer Modified Concrete according to ACI 548.3
• Light Weight EPS bead concrete.
Mix stabilization and cohesion improver to
reduced surface EPS bead loss.
What are the benefits?• Earlier hardening.
• Improved flexural strengths.
• Greatly reduced shrinkage.
• Reduces bleeding.
• Lower water-cement ratio increases strengths.
• Increased durability and toughness.
• Excellent resistance to water penetration.
• Improves abrasion resistance and reducing dusting.
• Good frost resistance and resistance to salt permeation.
• Good resistance to many chemicals and to mineral oil.
• Excellent adhesion to steel and concrete - adheres well to brick, glass, asphalt, wood, expanded polystyrene and most building materials.
• Long term corrosion protection.
• Similar thermal expansion and modulus properties to concrete (unlike resin mortars and primers).
• Non-toxic. Can be used with potable water.
• More economical than epoxy or polyester resin
Technical Data Sheet